Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Little About Me

My new blogger friend, Leslie, at {Words of Me Projet} has challenged me to answer the following 19 questions and I've always been a sucker for surveys! So, here I go...

1. if you have pets, do you see them as merely animals, or are they members of your family? I have a cat, Kiki and a dog, Eva. They are very spoiled and are treated like one of the family.


2. if you can have a dream to come true, what would it be? Hmmm, this is tough. I guess it would be to become a successful artist and encourage others in their art.


3. what is the one thing most hated by you? Same as Leslie, Rude people

4. what would you do with a billion dollars? Oh wow, what wouldn’t I do!!! Definitely pay off all my bills, travel, and fund new homes for my family. My mom and I would probably go on a HUGE shopping spree too. I’d like to donate some to some of my favorite charities too. ;-)

5. what helps to pull you out of a bad mood? Music – singing at the top of my lungs!

6. which is more blessed, loving someone or being loved by someone? Hmmm, I don’t think that I truly understood the depths of love until I had my son and I feel very blessed and honored that I get to love him!



7. what is your bedtime routine? I don’t have one and really need one.

8. if you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your partner? We met at work after working 2 years around each other!



9. if you could watch a creative person in the act of the creative process, who would it be? I don’t know! I love the blog of Judy Wise so it would be great to see her work!


10. what kinds of books do you read? I don’t read a lot, but usually it’s non-fiction, biography types of books.

11. how would you see yourself in ten years time? Well, my son will be 14, so I’m sure I’ll have lots of free time because he’ll want nothing to do with me! But, I’d really like for The Joy Shoppe to become a real store, here in Columbia.

12. what’s your fear? Losing my son

13. would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to visit outer space? I really should give up junk food…but I don’t think I could for the whole rest of my life!

14. would you rather be single and rich or married, but poor? Married and poor

15. what’s the first thing you do when you wake up? Oh, I am not a morning person! So, I usually check the clock and then moan…do I really have to get up???

16. if you could change one thing about your spouse/partner what would it be? I love my hubby so much and if I had to change one thing, it would be for him to quit smoking, for his health. He’s very respectful though of me and my wishes and never smokes around the house or in front of my son (he takes lozenges then). But he just can’t quite kick the habit altogether!

17. if you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be? This is funny because all through my childhood I hated my name! It was so old fashioned. But now, I think it’s pretty cool so I don’t think I want to change it.

18. would you forgive and forget no matter how horrible a thing that special someone has done? I think that forgiveness if more for the forgiver, so yes. Holding on to anger can be poisonous.

19. if you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be? My favorite is fresh strawberries, so I’d have to go with that!

OK, I'm not sure you've learned a lot more about me, but this was fun! So now, I'm going to challenge a couple of my other blogger friends!


First, Laura, from Strategic Online Marketing...
then Robin, from Well of Creations, and last but not least...
Dara, from Mommy of Drama Queens (I've also known Dara since 7th grade, lol).


It will be interesting to see who takes on the challenge! :-)


Peace, Love and Chocolate

3 comments:

  1. Fun stuff, Joyce!! You are hubby look very happy together:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce your pets are all sorts of adorable and I enjoyed learning a little bit more about you. I'd probably do the same with the million dollars myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Joyce, this is such a wonderful uplifting post! It's lovely to get to know you a little more. YOu have such a beautiful family and your pets are soo adorable! Lovely day and love to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete