Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thoughts on Motherhood


Sunday is my sixth official Mother’s Day. I have to say, motherhood has been the most surprising change to my life. I’ve felt the most heightened joys, watching my son grow from a little baby blob to a walking, talking, READING little boy! And, the same little boy can bring me such intense frustration as he grows into his own, challenging and testing my authority. I wouldn’t change a thing about becoming a mother.

I feel that it’s an honor and a privilege.



This year I’m thrilled that I get to spend Mother’s Day with my mom, who is visiting from Washington State. We haven’t been able to spend this day together since I’ve become a mother. My husband and son will go out and buy flower bouquets for both of us and we’ll spend the day hanging out and enjoying each others’ company. A simple day is all we need to celebrate!


I hope you all have a blessed Mother’s Day too!

Peace, Love and Chocolate

2 comments:

  1. Your son is soooo precious!! I love Mother's Day, too. It's hard to believe this is my 16th!!! Happy Mother's Day and enjoy your own Mom!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet, sweet post!! There is nothing as challenging, amazing, and rewarding as motherhood; The hardest and best job in the world!
    Glad you got some one-on-one time with your mom, too!!

    ReplyDelete