Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Year Reflections

Hello!

I woke up this morning and realized that it's Leap Year! It got me to thinking about what was going on in my life 4 yrs ago during the last Leap Year. It's was definitely a strange year for me, both good and bad.

That year, 2008, marked the second half of my divorce year. Bad and sad and everything else you can say about that change. I don't even have a picture that can convey my emotions. Maybe a black hole would do the trick.  I never thought I would feel normal again.

It was the year I got my cat...

Kiki says, "Love me"
I was having separation anxiety when my son stayed with his father and my mom thought it would be a good idea to get a cat to take care of when he was gone, something to distract me. Well, she distracted me alright - more like battled me! I had never owned an indoor cat before and had no idea how moody they were! And I think she's extra moody. Truthfully, I hated this cat at first. But, I felt that since I voluntarily adopted her, she was my responsibility and I kept her. Glad I did. We are buds now and she has me trained very well.

And it was the year I met, my now, husband...

Our first trip to the beach
It's funny, because the week prior to meeting him I had concluded that all I needed was a glass of wine and a good book. I was done with dating (for a while) and I just felt like I needed time alone. I was good with everything. But I suppose that's how life works. If he had met me any sooner he would have met the mess I was and that would have been disasterous!

The rest of that year was full of the hubster and I getting to know one another and him meeting my son. All good things.

So, it seems that Leap Years bring a lot of change for me! This year, we are working to sell my old house. Which we are close to. And I hope to grow my art business, really focus on getting my name out there.

Oh, and it seems we marked this leap by getting another new animal...

Monty, 3 months
This is Monty, the biggest baby I've ever taken care of! He's a lab/sheperd mix and FULL of energy!

Does Leap Year have any signifigance to you? Let me know about it!

Peace, Love and Chocolate


3 comments:

  1. 2008 was a great year for me, too. I met the most beautiful and wonderful woman I've ever known. Quite literally, my soul mate. I love you, sweetie. Always will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, what sweet thoughts!! And Kiki and Monty are beautiful:)

    I don't do a whole lot for Leap Year...I remember in school they made it fun.

    I know 2012 is going to be great...a long way to go yet...but it will be my year of growing!!!

    ReplyDelete