Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Why I Love Pinterest

Hello!

I've been seeing a lot of buzz about Pinterest out in Blog Land and some of it is not so positive. To be honest, I didn't get Pinterest at first. It took a few of my friends to join before it really clicked with me. And now, I use it A LOT! And yes, there can be too much of a good thing.


A view of my Pinterest page



But first, here are a few reasons why I love it so much:

1. It's a great filing system. In the past I've found things I want on the Internet, but couldn't order at the moment, so I've had to bookmark them. This worked OK, but there wasn't a visual of the item and I'd wind up with long lists of bookmarks. With Pinterest, there's a picture, on a board of my choosing, for easy referencing later.

2. I'm able to see patterns. That is, I'm able to see patterns in things I like, like clothing or housewares. And for some reason, this has made it easier for me to shop! I have a better idea of my style and almost a game plan before going out into the world to make my purchases. 

3. I'm dressing better. Yeah, sad, I know. It took an online web site to help me put outfits together, but it really has helped! I'm putting colors together I never would have thought of, belting tops, and adding more jewelry. I think I may have style now! Not just jeans and t-shirts.

4. Recipes. If you're on Pinterest you know what I mean. It's recipe GALORE. Will I prepare everything I pin? Probably not, but who cares?

5. Etsy promotion. I've noticed lately that a lot of people are using it to promote items in their Etsy shops. And I am too. It's a great way to get more traffic to your shop (if you have one).

And as I said before, there can be too much of a good thing, which is that it can consume a lot of time, if you let it. After the initial amusement of it went away, I really only spend about 15 minutes a day on there. And sometimes I'm not even on Pinterest - I just pin things I see from other websites.

So, if you've been curious about Pinterest, I hope you give it a try. It's something fun and can be used as a helpful tool. *smile*

Peace, Love and Chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment