Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Homemade Dog Biscuits

Today is about bringing joy to the canine members of my family. One thing they love and live for are their dog biscuits. They get one in the morning after going outside and one before bedtime, after going outside for the last time. However, last week, I forgot to buy them a new box. And I live 6 miles from the closest store and did not feel like driving just for a box of biscuits. So, I decided to make a batch for them and all was well with their world.

What do you mean you forgot my biscuits?

I will not look at you until I see biscuits!
 
Here's the recipe and it really only took me about 15 minutes to put it all together, plus the baking time. Not bad.


  • 2 ½ cups flour (whole wheat or regular - whatever you have on hand)
  • 1 tsp. salt (or less)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup organic beef stock
  • 2 tbsp. bacon grease (optional)
Mix all the ingredients together and knead into a ball. Then roll out to a 1/4 inch thick and cut out the biscuits. I just happened to have a bone shaped cutter.
 
 
I wound up getting about 12 biscuits. Then place them on a lightly greased cookie sheet (mine is lined with foil, but you don't have to do that).


 Bake at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes. Then viola! The finished product!


 You'll be happy to know that these were great substitutes for the regular biscuits and my lab even drooled at that sight of them! Sorry, I don't have a picture of that.

Peace, Love and Chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment