Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Defining the Obvious

The Nerdess in me loves to define things, so that’s how I’ll begin this blog, by breaking down and defining PureJoy. They’re pretty simple words on their own, but I think this is always a fun process and kind of kick starts my brain.

Dictionary.com defines Pure as: free from anything of a different, inferior, or contaminating kind; free from extraneous matter. And further defining as: absolute; utter; sheer. Hmmm, if left alone, ‘Pure’ could be kind of boring. But add ‘Joy’ to it…

Which is defined (by the same Dictionary.com) as: the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation. Furthermore: a source or cause of keen pleasure or delight; something or someone greatly valued or appreciated.
For my purposes, I’ll use the latter definitions of both words to formulate this: an absolute, utter, and sheer source or cause of keen pleasure or delight either by something or someone greatly valued or appreciated.

Sounds like a tall order, but I can already think of a someone that exudes this definition for me: my son. I’ll write a lot about him throughout this blog, because he has brought joy to me in some of my darkest hours.

Also, my husband, who I can laugh with over any and everything – brings me great joy. So, this PureJoy journey may not be so hard at all. Maybe it’s all about just keeping it simple. We’ll see.

The weekend is starting - a perfect time to research. I’ll take note of my findings and write more later. I already feel more joyful!

Peace, Love, and Chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment