Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Boxes


Boxes are used for many things – shipping, moving, storage or as time capsules to be found and opened at later date. Opening a box that has been left in a closet can be like opening a door to the past, with both good and bad memories.

I cleaned out a closet yesterday and found one of these boxes, filled with collections from my past and pictures of old friends, some who I’ve lost track of and some who are no longer with us. Seeing these pictures brought a smile to my face – an unexpected treat for my day.

As I reorganize my closets I’ll pack up new boxes, make new time capsules for me to find at a later date. I think this time I may write a letter to myself and list my hopes and dreams for the future. It will be kind of fun to read a letter from me to me.

What would you say to yourself?

Peace, Love, and Chocolate

1 comment:

  1. I have done that! I love the idea of a time capsule though...I just wrote a letter to myself and sealed it, but I like the idea of having actual items in there....I'm going to do that.
    Thank you for the idea!

    ReplyDelete