Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Doubting Tuesday


I am at a stand-still. This is the time of the year when I should be thankful (and I am, believe me, for everything wonderful in my life), but as far as my art and blog, I’m frozen. I am having serious doubts about the future and how far I can take this “wanting to be an artist” thing. I know, this is the moment that separates the “men from the boys”, as my husband would say, or separates the artist from the wannabe. My husband (who is very wise, I must say), says that this why not everyone chooses to put themselves out there, why not everyone is an artist, because it’s lull’s like these that make or break you.


Right now I am nothing more than an artist in my head – with some wonderful friends and family who provide encouragement. I have plans for 2011, but not sure where they’ll take me. I’ve slowed down for the holidays, because everything I’ve read says that trying to build up cliental during the holidays is like trying to build a house in a tornado. So, I’m waiting.


I have to push through this doubt, because not trying is a crime. And, I don’t want to be a criminal...



Peace, Love, and Chocolate

2 comments:

  1. Hi there
    Just came through via the Bliss factory and happened across this post. I've been at that very same standstill and the only thing I can suggest is put the doubt away, get the shop off the mind, and create art for YOU...Even if it means taking a break and coming back later, but don't give up on it because of those doubts. Don't get discouraged because you aren't making money off it. If you love doing it, then continue, do it for yourself. Sharing and getting encouraging comments is just the bonus. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for kind and encouraging words! I won't give up and think I may take a self-promotion break through December to focus on some projects, rather than getting my name out there. I'm really not that negative, but I am impatient - which tells me I need to focus on other things for now. :-)

    ReplyDelete