Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Just Smile

This is my journal entry for today's challenge, inspired by the word SMILE. We were supposed to list what makes us smile (I did on the adjacent page). For me, my husband and son are number 1 on that list, followed by my friends, my animals, and just enjoying the simple things in life!


I realize now that I should have taken pictures from start to finish of my page, but didn't think about it until I was done. Basically, I used light blue acrylic paint washed with white for the background. I dolloped paint circles for the flowers (with a shampoo cap), then glued circle punches in the middle. I cut out a butterfly from some wrapping paper and stamped the other two. Then I used letter stickers for SMILE. I then wrote my favorite saying in the flowers, "Live, Laugh, Love".

Working on this really brought a SMILE to my face! It was so much fun!!!

Peace, Love and Chocolate

3 comments:

  1. Hooray...I LOVE this!! Especially the flowers...Darling! Sharing on FB today:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce, Thank you so much for stopping by and for the well wishes!! I LOVE this journal entry!!! I'm a huge butterfly fan! At my wedding (a looong long time ago) we did a live butterfly release. It was THE best thing ever! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet post!
    I love this idea so much...and the smile I got reading about it!

    ReplyDelete