Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Updates!

I feel really bad that lately most of my posts have been about cleaning house or getting ready for craft shows, but really nothing meaty. So, I'm going to try to make it up with a big ol' update...


Here's my table from my first craft show as an artist. I apologize for the bad quality of the pic - I only had my phone with me. As you can see, it's kind of sparse. So, my lesson learned: have tons of inventory!  I was expecting a smaller table and most vendors would have loved an 8 footer, but I just wasn't prepared for one.

As far as the show went, it was a bit slow. It was a festival at a local church and most of the turnout wasn't interested in art/crafts (there were also threats of thunderstorms looming outside, so that may have been a deterrent). I did however make connections with some lovely ladies and got some experience under my belt!

And, let me show off the ornaments that I semi-posted last week:

Available in my Etsy shop!
I think they turned out great and were so much fun to make! What do you think?

I love taking my art and transforming it into something special for the holidays. And, working on these gave me some ideas for new items - so I'll be experimenting more! *smile*

I hope this update has been a little more interesting then my latest posts. I can't wait to show off our new [to us] country home! The inspection is this Friday and if all goes well, we'll be setting a closing date!!!  Excitement and stress all rolled up in a fun little knot in my stomach! (ha ha)

Peace, Love, and Chocolate


2 comments:

  1. I am gonna buy one of your ornaments!! LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like those ornaments! I am interested to read about your craft show experience. I am preparing for my first one, and one of my greatest concerns is having enough inventory. It's really hard to guess how much is "enough", isn't it? I think it's great that you viewed this as a "learning experience", and don't feel too bad that things ran a little slow.

    ReplyDelete