Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Handmade Christmas

Hello!

We're getting close to Christmas - have you completed ALL your gift getting? I have a family member that is REALLY hard to shop for, but I think I nailed it this year!

(I really hope he doesn't read my blog!)

I found this pretty cool crafting idea - for men - here. It's really easy and I'll walk through how I did it.




 - I started with 4 x 4 tiles that I found at Lowes (could be found at any home improvement store). I bought 5, so it came out to around $5 + tax.

 - I went with a "Santa" theme and chose the last 5 years of Santa photos of my son. I converted all the pictures to a sepia tone color. Then I printed the pics on tissue paper. *I had to tape the paper onto regular printer paper, to get it to go through the printer.

 - Then I Mod Podged the pics onto the tile, being very careful at first to not tear the tissue paper.

I used three layers of Mod Podge and sprayed the top with a polyurethane. Then glued felt to the bottom. 

Viola! A personalized Christmas gift that won't break the bank, but will get major points!!! This would be great for grandparents, especially if they live out of town and don't get to see the little ones very often.

I hope y'all have a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!

Peace, Love, and Chocolate

2 comments:

  1. Joyce, this is a great idea! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT idea!!! LOVE IT!!! I think my Aunt made these years ago with special holiday napkins . . . but I love the idea of printing the photos in sepia and then using them. So vintage and cool!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete