Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

The Greatest Love of All

My heart is saddened by the loss of Whitney Houston. And sadly, she was lost long before her death. Regardless of personal music tastes, it's undeniable that she had a gift and I'm always puzzled by those that have such great talent, yet they battle so many demons.

It's Valentines week. So many red paper hearts flying around and boxes of chocolate flying off store shelves. I've been thinking about the many different forms of love and how I've been blessed to encounter them.

My version of a Pinterest inspiration

First loves - Oh my. It's intense and confusing. A roller coaster ride of discovering love while trying to figure out who you are. I wouldn't trade that experience for the world.

Love loss - I have been blessed to experience this too. How can that be a blessing, you may ask? Well, if I hadn't lost, I wouldn't have learned lessons and changed. Losing in love has made me a better wife today and I think a better person overall.

Friend love - I would be nothing without my friends! They have gotten me through some of the hardest times in my life and I hope that I have done the same for them. At the very least, I hope I've put a smile on their face.

Mother love - The greatest of all loves. Yes, I know how the song goes - loving yourself is supposed to be the greatest. But, I've never felt such a complete, unconditional love until I became a mother. It totally surpasses that "first love" intensity! And truly, it's the love that defines me today. Again, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Love for thy neighbor - This is one I haven't completely excelled at. I try. But sometimes it's sooooo hard! I will keep trying, because the love you give, is the love you get.

Heart cloud, taken by me!
And there are many more kinds of love - love of animals, shoes, CHOCOLATE! Once I start looking around at all the love in my life, I realize that I'm a really blessed woman. I hope that you take some time this week to reflect on all the love in your life too.

Peace, Love, and Chocolate

1 comment: