Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Me & Haiku

Hello!

OK, you're probably wondering why this is my second post this week in regards to Haiku. I'm not trying to become poet, ha ha. This post is really just an explanation behind my Wednesday post. To  be honest, I'm not the biggest poetry lover. But a couple of things have happened in the last month that makes me think maybe I should become a little more familiar with poetry. Expand my horizons a little.

First, I got the book below by Katie Kendrick and she has a section about adding Haiku to art. The whole book is about beautifully mixing poetry with art, but something about this section caught my eye. And ever since reading it and thinking about it, I've been thinking in Haiku!



Second, I met a published poet in my altered book class. Her name is Lisa Hammond and her website is here. She gave me some insight about why [people like me] aren't really into poetry and maybe I needed to look into some contemporary poets. And I will. In fact, I'm going to check out some books of poetry from my library and familiar myself with it. Again, expanding my brain.

So this is how I came to Wednesday's post. Is it good Haiku? Probably not. But it was fun and I may try it again with some of my artwork.

What are some ways that you've expanded your horizons or artwork?

Peace, Love, and Chocolate

1 comment:

  1. First of all - thanks for stopping by my blog and following!

    Came for a visit - and I am very happy I did.

    You know, it is odd, but you are the third person to mention something about Haiku in the past 24 hours. Perhaps I need to write one, just for fun. ;-)

    Have a great week! PS - Let's hear it for the short people!!

    ReplyDelete