Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Word for 2011


I don’t normally make New Year Resolutions. Typically, people never follow through with them, including me. But, with everything I want to accomplish in 2011, I feel the need to document it somehow. So, this year I’m stating what I want to accomplish in 2011 and then will try to sum that up with ONE word. This idea came to me when I started reading the blog {Words of Me Project}. What do I want for 2011?

~ I want to feel healthier – eat better, get regular exercise, drink water, etc. Hopefully this result in weight loss – but I’d be happy with just feeling more energetic.

~ I also want to put my all into a creative business which hopefully brings success, so that I can once again contribute monetarily to my family.

~ Lastly, I want to maintain my home so that it will remain organized and peaceful. Right now, when the clutter gets the best of me, my home feels very chaotic – and that’s not how I want my family to live.


So, I can only think of one word that will help me accomplish all of these things and that is:

Discipline.

And I’m approaching the idea of Discipline like I’m “mothering” myself. I don’t let my son eat bad things, so why should I? And when I worked full-time, I had set hours that were dedicated to what I needed to get done, so I should be able to apply the same time management to my creative business and things that need to be done around the house.

A Sketchbook Project page


I’m very optimistic about 2011! I’m ending 2010 a little under the weather, which means I’ll just have more incentive next week to get going on everything I want to accomplish. I can’t wait!

Peace, Love and Chocolate





4 comments:

  1. Awww, Joyce these are great!! And that word can mean so much. Discipline can seem harsh yet it can help us FLY:)

    I am grateful to have found you in blogland and look forward to 2011. I think we'll become even better friends as it seems like we have MUCH in common!!

    How old are your kids? I may have read it somewhere but I forgot {the older I have become the more I forget}.

    Thank you for putting my button on your blog. Made my day!!

    Happy New Year!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leslie! My son is 4, he is my sunshine. I look forward to getting to know you better in 2011 - my blog is opening doors for me that I wasn't expecting and it's so exciting! Happy New Year to you too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the softer definition of discipline-mothering yourself (and who DOESN'T NEED a little more of that) xoRobin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hearing everyone's "word". Thanks for this post. Hope you are feeling better by now. Thanks for commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete